.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

 

Main: AndFarAway.net


Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Mr. Superman

Untitled-1

I fell in love with the portrayal of the human torso during art foundation year. The curves... the muscles... the smoothness... my god, it's just absolutely delightful to try to imitate. With charcoal, you have to do it so carefully or else you'll go overboard, and you have to keep the curves so fine or else it wouldn't have the soft suppleness of human skin! With clay, things are even more fascinating, because you have to push and smooth all the right places.

Anyway, seeing the thumb of Jean Paul Gaultier cologne bottle everytime I opened my blog gave me this really strong urge to create a torso. So I woke up this morning - really early after hitting the sack at 8:00 PM the night before- with that mood where I just want to do something fun, so I decided to make Superman. Here's a sneak peak at my Superman before he gets a head and before he gets a paint job, look, you can even see his belt!

Me loves Superman.

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home