.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

 

Main: AndFarAway.net


Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Strawberry Flavored Water Ice

zooksies 1131

The only topic dominating the echoes echoing through the hills and valleys of the bustling city of Amman is heat. Good god- it's been hot, in the sense where my work doesn't stick together anymore because the glue keeps melting.

My favorite part about the heat is that I can pig out on popsicles. I love popsicles. Especially when its bright red. You know the cheap bright red askimo which still costs a shelen, labelled neither "askimo" nor "popsicle", but instead, "Strawberry Flavored Water Ice". It really is as good as Pepsi. And I really love Pepsi. In the past 30 minutes, I've had 4 popsicles.

The best part? Popsicles are the only thing in my world that haven't gotten more expensive. It still costs a shelen a piece. I feel like a child when I hand my Leira to the guy at the dokaneh and he gives me back a bagful of askimo. My God, can you believe that a Leira can still buy so much of one thing?! It barely gets two scoops of icecream at Frosti's. I remember a time when a scoop at Frosti's cost 20 piasters.

zooksies 1130

And so, the freezer is stocked with popsicles. And ahhh, they're the perfect solution for such a hot week. A terrible week too. MY CAR IS STILL NOT FIXED. I'm really suffering without her- I'm absolutely and horribly emotionally attached to that creature (to the extent that I picked up some of the broken pieces and hung them in my room awaiting her return). I still have 4 exams/projects to go, and I'm not in the mood to do anything at all. There's also all the damn mosquitos. But the worst bit of all is my internet connection. It has suddenly transformed to dial-up speed. I hate Batelco.

That aside, the survey thingy was apparently floating in the middle of the screen for some screens (thanks for the heads up Omar!), so I removed it. If you haven't taken the survey yet, this will be your final chance to do so before I close it this Friday and post some of the results, so please take a minute to fill it out. Thanks!

Untitled-2

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home