.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

 

Main: AndFarAway.net


Sunday, April 30, 2006

You stare straight ahead

I love how we have a spacious garden, a commodity we didn't get to enjoy in Amman prior to moving to this house in October. But October was the beginning of the cold, wet season, so we only started enjoying it recently- and, oh, my! Although I'm not a nature person, having a garden in Amman is absolutely wonderful because the weather is fantastic!

And so, I spent the entire afternoon tanning and eating the shelen eskimo from Jabri, which is probably my very favorite thing in the world, and listening to the sound of the hustling leaves of a birch tree, which is on of my favorite sounds in the world. My mother, who grew up by the sea, says that it sounds like crashing waves. I think it sounds like the hot summers in my grandmothers house, when the world was so hot and all I could do was sit outside and listen to the birch trees.

zooksies 421 zooksies 436

Anyway, tonight I'll be heading off to Beirut for a few days to attend a Danish-Arab dialogue workshop discussing the publication of the cartoons considered offensive to Islam and Muslims and caused tensions worldwide. The workshop will be filmed by film-makers on both sides with the purpose of producing a 26-minutes documentary film which will be placed in documentary film festivals, classrooms at the high-school and university level as well as in the public broadcast media. It should be a really interesting experience.

I'm excited about Beirut, especially as so many of highschool friends live there. I'm also extremely thankful that I'm going to be out of Amman for a week, I'm in the utmost need to distance myself from routine and certain people.

But you wouldn't have to miss me so much. Jameed and Co will probably be airing their newest episode of JameedKast, of which I was the victim. I agreed to be on the podcast but then I found myself regreting it because Iyas and Laith bombarded me with questions that I couldn't answer while keeping a straight face. I haven't listened to it yet, and as I'm not much of a humorous person, I don't know what parts they'll edit out to make me sound funny. Allah yostor.

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home