.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

 

Main: AndFarAway.net


Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Made with real fruit (not)

The image “http://www.wackypackages.org/realproductsscans/2004/jk/poptarts_small.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

A few nights ago, I dreamt I was eating Pop Tarts. Pop Tarts! I haven't had Pop Tarts since the 4th grade.

Naturally, I woke up with an extreme craving for them, and after a trip to Cozmos, I was standing in the kitchen microwaving the iced and sprinkled delicious-looking slices of pastry, stuffed with "natural" strawberry, remembering a day when I was a child sitting around the kitchen table waiting for my Pop Tart to be served. Ahh... for that precise instant, I could almost remember the sweetness of the icing (I love icing) and the juiciness of the fill.

Of course, the deliciousness of Pop Tarts turned out to be nothing more than a figment of an overfertile imagination. Or maybe Pop Tarts don't taste the same anymore. Or maybe I'm too old for Pop Tarts. I really don't know.

What I do know though is that they were way-too-sweet, artificially flavored to the degree that it feels like you are eating chemicals, and quite dry.

What a disappointment.

I also tried my very first Caesar salad for lunch this evening. I know, I know, Caesar salads are all over the fricking place, including refrigerated salad meals in CTown, McDonalds and salad bars in every other restaurant in the Amman. But you see, Caesar Salads usually have little cubes of chicken over them and since I'm not willing to eat anything that had contact with chicken, I've never had a Caesar salad. Today, my mother decided to make me a Caesar salad minus the chicken, and it was actually good! Much better than the Pop Tarts.

I feel like eating kubeh nayeh (raw ground beef paste mixed with cracked wheat, eaten with garlic, yum yum).

Oh, yeah, did I ever mention that I love soda?

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home