.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

 

Main: AndFarAway.net


Monday, February 27, 2006

Reverse

During my first semester at the UofJ, my daily parking experience was something worse than the "Suffi, Suffi" scenario. There were actually days where I had to have friends (and ok, random people on the street) drive my car out of an extremely tight spot, and others where I would get so frustrated at the lack of proper parking spots that I'd skip school altogether and just go back home.

But yeah, that was only the first semester, because if the UofJ doesn't teach you anything at all, it will at least teach you how to successfully squeeze your car into the tightest, most inappropriate spots, while all the while practically equipping every inch of the parking lot's surface area so as to fit the most cars possible.

Let me illustrate with some images from my "Karajat il jam3a" collection, which I've actually been collecting for years:

car1
I took this picture this morning, and although it was a heck of a freaky park, I absolutely love the chaos! It's hilarious, isn't it? Some of the cars are diagonally parked, others are horizontally parked, and you have 4 rows of cars in a parking lot that's designed for two rows.

car2
Same parking lot, less chaos, but still quite terrible.

car3
There aren't any two cars that are actually aligned properly, and there is no horizontal/vertical organization.

zooksie 410
A sea of cars...

car5
Around the Science's gate, I know it doesn't appear like a terrible park in the picture, but trust me, it is.

car6

Finish classes only to realize that some van had closed off my way out... we got my car out in the end, but it wasn't the most pleasant experience. The awesomest part about this picture is that my mother was stuck in the SAME situtation (where a van was closing off her way) and in the SAME parking spot in 1979 (but she wasn't as lucky, a group of guys had to lift her car into a diagonal position).

car4
Again, no car alignment.

zooksie 409
Triple parkings, lack of alignment, and random parking allotment.

Now, who agrees that they seriously need to invest in some land for student parking?
مأساة il parking at Jordan University.

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home