.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

 

Main: AndFarAway.net


Thursday, December 22, 2005

No comment

Rhetorical questions(; "a rhetorical question is one asked solely to produce an effect (especially to make an assertion) rather than to elicit a reply"):
So why is it hijab is directly associated with being an Arab? Am I not an Arab because I'm not planning on wearing hijab? Why is it that Islam is associated with hijab? Is a woman not Muslim unless she wears hijab?

Billboards at a university in Kuwait:

"I am a [female] university student ...
and my appearance suits my university."

"I learn ... I discuss ... I debate
We compete in loving our university"



Ye! So even in the field of eduaction, men should go learn, debate, and discuss while women should sit at home and think of how to make sure their collars suffocate them[via Just Another Blog].

SOME BODY SHOOT ME!

Understand, I'm not saying anything about hijab, I'm just pissed off at the priorities of this campaign.

While we're on the subject of hijab, here are some interesting international ads:


Unicef: Education
"
More education for girls in Islamic countries"

Ethics & Citizenship Movement: West vs. East
"West / East
Both sides of intolerance."

Hmm.. I'm not sure I get the second one, but I do absolutely love the first one. Amazing art direction! [Ads of the World]

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home