.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

 

Main: AndFarAway.net


Thursday, November 10, 2005

Mourning our innocent



JOIN US AND TAKE PART IN THE DEMONSTRATIONS AGAINST THESE ATROCITIES TODAY AT 1:00 PM IN A DEMONSTRATION STARTING AT THE THIRD CIRCLE AND HEADING TOWARDS THE DAKHELEYEH CIRCLE IN JABAL AMMAN.


After several hours of trying to maintain a live coverage on Global Voices with the help of Isam, Haitham, and Natasha, the scope of the disaster has finally sunk in. After watching the video coverage of my beautiful Amman bleeding with the blood of its citizens in the very places that I spend extensive amounts of hours in, the capacity of immorality shines. After many phone calls received, some bearing good news and others bearing bad news, I've come to realize that last night will change the lives of many.

My sincere condolences go to the families of the deceased, may their souls rest in peace. Although such attacks are huge acts of sin regardless of occasion, it is the most unfortunate thing that these were carried out at wedding parties, a celebration that Jordanians perhaps over-associate with happiness, spending months upon months preparing the feasts and merriment that accompany a Jordanian wedding. Watching the videos filmed in the devastated ballrooms where I have watched many happy couples tie the knot and imaging how awful it must have been for last night's unfortunate bride and groom is completely heart wrenching.

Ah, may God protect Jordan and her people.

I strongly encourage everyone currently residing in Jordan to join the demonstrations against this act of terror. I have been talking to various bloggers and we all want to go and take a part in these, I am still trying to find out where these demonstrations are taking place, but I will be posting as soon as I do know.

If anyone has any idea, please do share.

God Bless.

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home