.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

 

Main: AndFarAway.net


Saturday, June 25, 2005

Double Tag the Bookworms!!!

Arafat tagged me with a book meme. I know I already did a tag thing today, but they're quite different, so here you go:

Number of books I own: LOL, who counts books! Yet I've had a love affair with books since forever, so I'm guessing they're well over 200(not counting the books I have from before I was 12, man, I have at least 150 Baby Sitters Club books!)

Last book I bought: "The Arab Contribution to Islamic Art by Wijdan Ali". This was one of the references I had for a class last semester, and the book was so interesting that I decided that it's certainly worth being in my permanent collection.

Last book I read: "Leo the African" by Amin Malouf, and I'm currently reading "Quran and Woman" by Amina Widad.

Five books that mean a lot to me: the fantasy/science-fiction buff shining through...

1. "Blood and Gold" by Anne Rice. A lot of rich historical fiction, a lot about art, a lot of action, and a lot about the philosophy of comparative religion- this book is certainly a rich, colorful feat.

2. "The Lord of the Rings" by J.R.R. Tolkien. This could, possibly, be my all-time favorite book. Tolkien is a genius...

3. "Memoirs of a Geisha" by Arthur Golden. This book was my first venture into the East of Asia.

4. "Wicked: The Life and Tales of the Wicked Witch of the West" by Gregory Mcguire. Amazing look at the notion of evil and good, beautiful fantasy, magical imagination, and an cunning ability to twist facts and make you doubt your world.

5." Experimental Formats and Packaging." Great book- very creative, very resourceful, and quite unique!

The book I am reading since long but could not finish: "Lasher" by Anne Rice. LOL, this is the first book in a trilogy, and I read the last 2 books a while back so it's being quite annoying...

Tagging: MMM, Farooha, Madas, Lina, and Natasha!

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home