.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

 

Main: AndFarAway.net


Saturday, February 19, 2005

Buzz Bunny & the Loonatics


Naturally, every long-living cartoon character will need to evolve some how, just like the graceful evolution of what has now become a living, breathing legend-Mickey Mouse.

Now, "hoping to breathe new life into its animated Looney Tunes franchise and prop up the WB television network's slumping Kids' WB line-up", Warner Bros. is planning to launch a new cartoon series this fall based on "re-imagined" versions of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tasmanian Devil, Lola Bunny, Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote. Hm... reimagined? I'm thinking more among the lines of "monsterized".

"Loonaticky" indeed. I mean, I'm all for superhero's and stuff, but you don't have to make them look so evil!
Reminds me of shock I recieved when I saw this decade's popular toys last month.

I don't have any kids around me, are children these days so different?

+ Post Gazette, Boing Boing


Update: Intrestingly, it turns out that "Buzz" is the name of a copyrighted character created by Dutch freelance designer and illustrator Metin Seven. Wow. That's going to cause problems for Warner Bros. Thanks Buzz!

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home